Two factor authentication or 2FA is an extra layer of security that ensures anyone trying to access their INX account is really who they say they are. It requires you to setup a 2nd authentication method in addition to your password. This second authentication message is by using Google Authenticator to generate a temporary passcode.
To enable 2FA follow the below steps
- Navigate to Security in the menu bar
- Switch Two Factor Authentication to On
- A screen will prompt you to download the Google Authenticator App and scan the QR displayed on screen in order to setup an INX entry in the app
- Once setup is complete, the Google authenticator app will generate a new temporary passcode every 60 seconds
- When logging in to INX, you will be prompted to enter a passcode from the app.
- There are some actions like a withdrawal that will always require 2FA regardless if this is switched on or not under the Security settings
The importance of securing sensitive information related to your finances can not be overstated. We recommend always keeping 2FA enabled on your trading accounts.
Examples, diagrams, and charts are for illustrative and educational purposes. INX relies on information from various sources believed to be reliable, including from customers and third parties, but cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness. INX is not engaged in the business of the offer, sale or trading of securities, is not registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and does not provide legal, tax, or investment advice. Cryptocurrency and other digital asset holdings are speculative in nature and involve substantial risk, including the risk of complete loss. Learn more about these risks here.
© 2021 INX. All rights reserved.